Since beginning Here for ya Mate in Melbourne in July 2019, we have gained tremendous momentum and have already successfully:
● Delivered over 20 bunches of hand picked flowers,
● Made and delivered 6 beautiful crocheted rugs,
● Made and delivered several heat packs,
● Made many slices, biscuits and home cooked meals for individuals and families in need,
● Partnered with 4 local hairdressers and have collected over 200 kgs of aluminium cans and foil to support fundraising and recycling efforts,
● Held a fundraising dinner to raise funds to send a family of five on a much needed holiday to Tasmania before the father begins another round of treatment for brain cancer,
● Held a high tea to raise funds for a wonderful lady who has been caring for her terminal sister for over a year. And also for a couple who lost their sister to cancer, faced redundancy and had to find a new home. Glad to say we raised enough for both parties to have a weekend away.
- Purchased Carlton brewhouse tour and meal vouchers for best friends, both losing someone to cancer.
- Purchased items such as handmade soaps from local business’ and made up care packages to go to teachers at local school as a thank you.
- To support people and business’ during Covid 19 we purchased coffee cards from different cafe’s in various regions to go to frontline workers. Also purchasing items such as handmade soaps from local business’ and made up care packages to go to teachers at local school as a thank you.